- President Rodrigo Duterte visited and toured the Russian warship docked in Port Area, Manila, on Friday after almost a week of vacation. The two ships from Russia's Pacific Fleet docked at Manila South Harbor on Tuesday. The president has expressed stronger ties with the Russian Federation and the warships' visit will bolster their cooperation.
- The Commission of Elections should release a report of its investigation into the breach of voters' data, according to a Palace official. The poll body should release the report, if any, to maintain its credibility and uphold the integrity of the electoral process, according to Presidential Communications Office Secretary.
- A high-ranking Bureau of Corrections official has resigned, claiming he was about to take a leave due to a pending investigation into his alleged involvement in the New Bilibid Prison illegal drug trade. In a text message to reporters, BuCor Deputy Director Rolando Asuncion said that Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II had asked him to take a leave. He said the message was relayed through BuCor Director Benjamin Delos Santos, due to a pending investigation.
- Top intelligence officials got a chance to hit back against the broad attacks Donald Trump has lobbied against them, a day ahead of their briefing with the president-elect on Russia's interference in the 2016 election. Trump, earlier, supported claims by WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange that the Russians didn't interfere with the elections.
- The gunman behind the New Year's Day attack at a bar in Istanbul, according to the Turkish government, may be an ethnic Uyghur. The Uyghurs most live in China's Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, Central Asian nations and Turkey. Many of them are Muslims. But Deputy Veysi Kaynak did not comment on the suspect's nationality.
- Toyota will launch the all-new Prius PHV in Japan this February.
- A facelifted Subaru WRX will be featured at this year's North American International Auto Show, featuring a new exterior design, new interior design, and other updates.
|2018 Subaru WRX STi|
- The Shutokou Battle roars back to smartphones with Genki's brand new smartphone app game, Shutokou Battle Extreme, due to launch this year. Pre-registration is now opened with in-game rewards in store for the players, including bonus cars such as the Suzuki Alto Works, Honda S660, Toyota 86, and the Nissan GT-R R35.
|Shutokou Battle Extreme|
- Disney's Tangled the Series will air on Disney Channel this March.