- Foreign Secretary Perfecto Yasay Jr, stresses that the military cooperation between the Philippines and Russia is unlikely to happen.
- Armed Forces Chief of Staff General Eduardo Ano wants the newly instated commander of Westmincom to eliminate the Abu Sayyaf group within half a year. Ano issued his order to Major General Carlito Galvez whom he installed as Westmincom chief to replace Lt. Gen. Mayoralgo dela Cruz, who recently assumed as the inspector general of the AFP.
- Senate President Aquilino "Koko" Pimentel III was forced to suspend plenary session on Tuesday afternoon following a heated debate between Senator Antonio Trillanes IV and Senator Juan Miguel "Migz" Zubiri. The two senators lashed each other following a debate on which panel will investigate the bribery scandal case in the Bureau of Immigration.
- The suspect behind the nightclub attack at Istanbul, Turkey, during the New Year celebration has been arrested by the police. Reports told that the man was captured in Istanbul on Monday night at the home of a friend, who is of Kyrgyz descent. That followed Friday's arrest of two ethnic Uygur men on suspicion of aiding the deadly nightclub attack.
- As the countdown of the inauguration of Donald Trump draws near, outgoing US President Barack Obama issues warning over the Iran nuclear deal that Trump plans to scrap it. Obama stressed the significance of the deal in his statement. Outgoing VP, Joe Biden, meanwhile, said the international community must continue to stand up against Russian coercion and aggression following his meeting with Ukrainian leader Petro Poroshenko in Kiev on Monday to discuss the situation in eastern Ukraine and sanctions against Russia. In Trump's scenario, the plan to replace the Affordable Healthcare Act or Obamacare is nearing its completion.
- Reports told that UK Prime Minister Theresa May will seek a full withdrawal from the European Union. May is scheduled to deliver a speech on Tuesday laying out her government's plans for the forthcoming Brexit negotiations.
- The BMW 4-Series range has been given a minor change for the 2018 model year, with new LED headlights, new rear lamps, upgraded interior features, and more.
|2018 BMW 4-Series|
- Valtteri Bottas will be joining alongside Lewis Hamilton in the Mercedes-AMG team for the Formula One 2017 season, replacing last year's world champion Nico Rosberg.
- The mayor of Madrid, Spain, wants all private cars to be banned from driving the Spanish capital by the time she leaves office in May 2019. The effort is part of a plan to fight the city's rising pollution, which also includes a ban of all diesels by 2025.