- President Rodrigo Duterte is expected to meet governors on Thursday to discuss the country's drug problem a week after he confronted mayors believed to have ties with the narcotics trade. Duterte's meeting with the governors was scheduled at 2PM at the Palace's Heroes' Hall, a schedule provided by Malacanang to the media showed. Duterte once warned that he will declare martial law if the country's drug problem becomes virulent.
- Senator Allan Peter Cayetano said that he is "preparing for different jobs" as he is yet to receive a formal offer to join President Duterte's Cabinet. The president earlier said that Cayetano will head the Department of Foreign Affairs before Secretary Perfecto Yasay Jr. steps down to return to the United States.
- Sen. Grace Poe on Tuesday said she supports the government’s move to block websites that allegedly distribute child pornography Poe said users in the Philippines should be prevented from viewing pornographic sites.
- The Chinese government insisted that the Spratly Islands in the disputed South China Sea is part of its inherent territory following a diplomatic note sent by the Philippines. The Chinese Foreign Ministry stressed that the nation can peacefully resolving maritime disputes in the region through negotiation and consultation with concerned countries.
- 52 people have been killed in Nigeria in a mistaken air strike by the country's military. The bombing was part of the government's ongoing offensive against the Islamic extremist group Boko Haram.
- The incoming White House spokesperson says Donald Trump will use his presidential authority from his first day in office. Trump will be sworn this Friday as the nation's 45th President of the United States and in his first day at office, he will pull the US out of the Trans-Pacific Partnership free trade agreement as well as replacing and repealing Obamacare. Opinion polls show that Trump has scored the lowest ratings in four decades.
- The Ford Mustang has been given a minor change for the 2018 model year, featuring a new front face, new performance upgrades, new tech, and a brand new 10-speed automatic. The V6 variant is discontinued
- General Motors Europe unveiled the new Opel/Vauxhall Crossland X midsize crossover prior to its Geneva Motor Show debut this March. It is the second of the Opel/Vauxhall X-line of crossovers.
- The 2017 PriPara anime has been titled Idol Time Pripara, featuring three new protagonists, the return on Laala Manaka, a new setting, and a brand new story. Meet Yui Yumekawa, Nino Nijiiro, and Michiri Kōtain the brand new show airing this April.