- Philippine negotiations and communist guerillas are set to resume peace talks at Rome on Thursday, with the Maoist insurgents warning that alleged government violation on human rights may prompt them to end a month long ceasefire. Jesus Dureza, the presidential adviser to the talks, said the government have hopes about the resumption of the Norway-brokered negotiations in the Italian capital.
- The Department of Justice revealed that the Korean victim of "tohkand for ransom" was killed inside the Philippine National Police Headquarters in Camp Crame. Co-accused SP04 Roy Villegas said in his affidavit how the alleged mastermind SP03 Ricky Sta. Isabel executive businessman Jee Ick Joo at Camp Crame in October. Following this, the South Korean Embassy in Manila expressed concerned for over 90,000 Koreans living in the country.
- After receiving a letter from President Rodrigo Duterte, Pope Francis will bless the president, according to Jesus Dureza, the presidential peace adviser. In his Facebook post, Dureza shared that he was able to meet Pope Francis.
- The Philippine and Japanese governments have signed a program document to ensure cooperation on the treatment and rehabilitation of illegal drug users. The signatories were officials of member-agencies of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Establishment and Support of Drug Abuse Treatment and Rehabilitation Centers (DATRCs). The Japan International Cooperation Agency signed the program document for the CARE program in Malacanang last January 13th.
- The Iraqi government says its forces regained control of eastern Mosul, the largest stronghold of the Islamic State militant group. In this announcement, Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said the Iraqi forces achieved a major victory in their operations over the past few days.
- Two days before the inauguration, a wax sculpture of US President-elect Donald Trump has been unveiled in Washington. The Madam Tussauds museum unveiled the figure on Wednesday. Work began in London last June, when Trump essentially clinched the Republican Party nomination.
- Many people are feared dead after an avalanche hit a hotel in central Italy. The avalanche is believed to be triggered by numerous earthquakes that struck on Wednesday. Earthquakes of about magnitude five hit a mountainous village in the region.
- Audi returns to rallying with their new S1 EKS RX Quattro rally car set to compete at this season's FIA World Rallycross Championship.
|Audi S1 EKS RX Quattro|
- Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, a show hosted by comedian Jerry Seinfeld, is moving to Netflix for a brand new season.
- In preparation for the launch of BIOHAZARD 7 -resident evil-, the first DLC episode was announced, titled "NOT A HERO", slated to be available this Spring 2017. Also, there will be two "banned footage" DLCs coming this year and it is covered via Season Pass sold separately or part of the Deluxe Edition.