- The Communist Party of the Philippines-National Democratic Front has withdrawn its declared unilateral ceasefire on Wednesday. In a statement, a spokesman from the NPA announced that the declared ceasefire will be implemented until midnight of February 10 only as the government failed to comply with their agreement, including the release of over 400 political prisoners.
- PNP Chief Director-General Ronald "Bato" Dela Rosa confirmed that one of the three Korean victims extorted by some police assigned in Angeles City Police OFfice Station-5 in Pampanga returned in the country. The Korean is identified as Lee Ki Hoon, a tourist in the country who only visited to play golf but was extorted by the suspects.
- With the Jee Ick Joo murder case and the countless number of Koreans being targeted by crooked cops, Chief Legal Adviser Attorney Salvador Panelo is set to travel to South Korea to issue an apology. Panelo is set to travel today to South Korea for an international conference.
- Nationals from seven Muslim-majority countries that were temporarily banned by US President Donald Trump's executive order may be blocked indefinitely, and others might be added to the list, according to the Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly. Implemented last weekend, travellers from Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen may not enter the country for at least 90 days while Kelly and others determine whether there is enough information available to screen them.
- Defence ministers form Brazil and Colombia agreed to step up their fight against drug traffickers at a meeting on Tuesday in Manaus, where feuding drug gangs set off a recent string of deadly prison riots. They promised to share intelligence and transportation along a porous 1,000-mile border cutting through the Amazon rainforest, where they have struggled to slow the flow of drugs in recent years.
- Facebook is reportedly creating an app for television set-top boxes, including Apple's Apple TV. The world's biggest online social network is also in talks with media companies to license long-form, TV-quality programming.
- Masako Nozawa, the veteran voice actress behind Goku from the Dragon Ball anime series, has been awarded two Guinness World Records for "voice actor who voiced the same character in a video game for the longest period" and "longest video game voice acting career." She was certified of late October of last year.
- The new-generation Seat Ibiza compact has been unveiled ahead of its 2017 Geneva Motor Show premiere, loaded with new tech, new look, new interior, and new engine choices.
|2018 SEAT Ibiza|
|2018 BMW 5-Series|
- Holden Special Vehicles unveiled their final special edition model based on the Gen-F2 range by reviving the GTSR marque with a more striking design, improved performance, and to top it off for the big finale, the new GTSR W1 saloon featuring the supercharged 6.2L V8 engine from the Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1, producing 474kW of power output, making it the most powerful production ever made in Australia.
|2017 HSV GTSR W1|