- An army junior officer was killed after alleged members of the New People's Army attacked the government troops in Manay, Davao Oriental yesterday. NPA rebels staged the attack hours after the CPP-NPA announced the withdrawal of their declared unilateral ceasefire with the government. The slain officer is a second Lieutenant assigned in the Philippine Army 67th Infantry Battalion.
- The Social Security System raided the house of a well-known beauty doctor for failing to remit the "premium" of his employees. The Philippine National Police and SSS-Legal Department raided the house and storeroom of Dr. Joel Mendez in Pugo Street, Barangay Talipapa, Novaliches around 1000 hours local time. Authorities were supposed to serve the arrest warrant issued by the Quezon City Regional Trial Court for the violation of R.A. 8282 or SSS Law in connection for the paying the 1.8 million pesos SSS Premium for the employees of Weigh Less Center branches.
- A low pressure area spotted near the Pacific Ocean is expected to enter the Philippine Area of Responsibility today. PAGASA said the LPA might enter PAR and when it turns into a typhoon, it will be named "Bising." The LPA was last spotted 1,760km east of Hinatuan, Surigao Del Sur.
- The White House announced that it has issued updated guidance on President Donald Trump's executive order on immigration clarifying that legal permanent residents, or green card holders, do not require a waiver to enter the United States. The restriction on green card holders was among the most confusing element in the executive order last weekend.
- UN human rights experted warned that asylum seekers could face torture if not given save harbor and the Vatican called for openness to other cultures on Wednesday, adding to a drumbeat of international criticism of US President Donald Trump's travel curbs. The executive order, which Trump signed last weekend, put a 120-day halt on the US refugee program and imposed a 90-day ban suspension on people from Muslim countries such as Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen.
- In honor of British singer Vera Lynn's centennial birthday, she will release an album of remastered classic songs next month, which could make the wartime singer the first centenarian to hit the UK charts. Known as "Forces sweetheart", she will release the Vera Lynn 100 album on the 17th of March, three days ahead of her centennial birthday.
- Mercedes-AMG adds an Estate version of the new E63, featuring the same 4.0L V8 BiTurbo engine and 9-speed MCT as the saloon version.
|2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S Estate|
- A 1978 Range Rover has been restored by Land Rover and it's priced at 135,000 British Pounds for the discerning classic car collectors to keep. Only 10 of these classic Range Rovers will be made by JLR Classic.
|1978 Range Rover|
- Doctor Who actor Peter Capaldi announced that this year's season of Doctor Who, set to premiere on the 15th of April, will be his last. His final appearance will be on this year's Christmas Special after donning the lead role for three seasons since he was named as the 12th Doctor since 2013.