- The Senate is set to reopen the investigation of the alleged existence of the Davao Death Squad following the revelations of retired SPO3 Arturo Lascanas last Monday. The committee headed by Sen. Panfilo Lacson will possibly resume its hearing next week after 10 Senators voted in favor of the said probe.
- President Rodrigo Duterte will not attend the 31st EDSA People Power Anniversary on the 25th of February, 2017. According to Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process Jesus Dureza, Duterte's absence in the event is due to his commitment in the relaunching of the Comprehensive Agreement of the Bangsamoro in Davao City on Friday.
- There's a possibility that another power hike of up to 92 centavos per kWh will be imposed starting this March. The Energy Regulatory Commission approved the request of MERALCO of a power rate hike as a result of the maintenance shutdown of the Malampaya plant.
- The US Department of Homeland Security announced new immigration polices to implement the executive order signed by President Donald Trump last month. The directives released on Tuesday include the hiring of 15,000 border patrol and immigration enforcement agents and the expansion of facilities to accommodate illegal immigrants on the border with Mexico.
- Six years have passed since the deadly Christchurch quake in New Zealand and citizens are remembering the victims of the deadly quake that killed 185 people. About 3,500 people took part in a ceremony on a riverbank in central Christchurch. A memorial wall has been built there, etched with the names of those who died.
- At least 74 bodies have been washed ashore in Libya. A local humanitarian group suspects that a boat carrying migrants capsized. The Libyan Red Crescent released photos of its workers collecting the bodies in the city of Zawiya on Monday.
- Land Rover teases a new addition to the Range Rover family. Called the Range Rover Velar, this Jaguar F-PACE-based crossover coupe will be premiered in Geneva Motor Show in March.
|RR Velar teaser|
- Toyota collaborates with Shell for the creation of hydrogen-fuelling stations.
- Akeno Misaki from the High School Fleet anime series gets her own figma! The star of last spring's anime series is now available to order starting at 6,296 Yen plus tax and delivers this July.
|figma Akeno Misaki|