- Senator Leila de Lima surrendered herself to arresting authorities following the issuance of an arrest warrant against her by a Muntinlupa Court. From her Senate office in Room 502, she was escorted to the agents of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group led by Chief Superintendent Roel Obusan.
- Following de Lima's arrest, Vice President Leni Robredo decried what she called a "political harassment" by the administration. In a statement, Robredo said that De Lima's arrest was part of a political agenda and not a result of an "independent, unbiased" legal process.
- Former PNP chief Alan Purisima yesterday pleaded not guilty to charges of graft and usurpation of official functions in connection with his alleged involvement in the Mamasapano incident. Purisima maintained his innocence during his arrangement at the Sandiganbayan.
- Prosecutors have indicted a suspect in last July's mass murder of mentally disabled people at a care facility in eastern Japan. Satoshi Uematsu was indicted for the murders of 19 people and the attempted murders of 24 others at a facility in Sagamihara, Kanagawa Prefecture.
- US President Donald Trump has criticized the nuclear disarmament treaty with Russia as one-sided and signaled his willingness to expand his nation's nuclear arsenal. He called the New START "a one-sided deal." The nuclear arms reduction treaty ended seven years ago. He said the United States falls behind on nuclear weapon capability and he said if any country wants to make nukes, he make sure that the US will be at the top of the pack.
- Ford unleashed the Competition Series variant of the Ford GT supercar. While the EcoBoost V6 engine remains the same, it now weighs 3,054lbs.
|Ford GT Competition Series|
- The new Porsche Panamera Turbo S e-Hybrid is the most powerful Panamera ever made and its set to debut at next month's Geneva Motor Show. This PHEV variant is powered by a combination of a 4.0L V8 Twin Turbo, electric motor, and a li-ion battery, producing a total power output of 680HP of power
|2018 Porsche Panamera Turbo S e-hybrid|
- The skater-turned coach Victor Nikiforov from the hit anime series Yuri!!! on Ice joins the Nendoroid lineup. He's available to order tarting at 4,167 Yen plus tax and will be delivered this August.
|Nendoroid Victor Nikiforov|
- For Love Live Sunshine fans, a figma of Kanan Matsuura has arrived! It's available to order starting at 5,833 yen plus tax and will be delivered this September.
|figma Kanan Matsuura|