- Former Philippine National Police Chief Alan Purisima and former PNP-SAF Commander Getulio Napenas are banned from leaving the Philippines following the Sandiganbayan 4th Division's Hold Departure Order against the two amid facing Graft and Usurpation of Powers. This order was signed by Associate Justices Reynaldo Cruz, Zaldy Trespeses, and Alex Quiroz.
- The Bureau of Customs has raised alarm against smuggling of agricultural products with the recent discovery that unscrupulous traders added India in the list of best sources of red onions and other farm yields. Commissioner Nicanor E. Faeldon said that the uplifting of BOC's vigilance of farm product imports was triggered by the bust of a 15-million peso worth of smuggled fresh red onions from India.
- Vendors are no longer allowed to peddle their goods in Raon and Evangelista, Quiapo, Manila amid paying dues to the Manila City Hall. The move came after a group of vendors revealed that the alleged extortion activities of Chief Inspector John Guiagui, chief of Plaza Miranda PCP. According to one of the vendors, Maj. Guiagui was fuming mad at them after their group revealed his alleged illegal collection of dues, amounting to Php3,000 per week for 10 vendors.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin accused Ukraine of provoking this week;s escalation of fighting in the eastern part of the country. In eastern Ukraine, shelling has continued between pro-Russian separatists and government forces since Monday. At least 10 people have been killed since then and dozens wounded, including civilians, on both sides.
- US President Donald Trump vows tough negotiations with other nations, including allies, on immigrants and refugees. Trump justified his executive order to temporarily ban the entry of people from 7 countries in the Middle East and Africa. It also suspends acceptance of all refugees. Also, following a violent protest against one of his supporters at University of California, Berkeley, Trump suggested federal fund cuts to the said university.
- Former Republican California governor and action star Arnold Schwarzenegger has hit back after US President Donald Trump mocked his viewer ratings for a reality TV program. Last month, Schwarzenegger became the new presenter of The Apprentice, the show Trump hosted for more than the decade. Trump called him a "total disaster" when ratings went right down after the action star took his place but Schwarzenegger responded by posting a video on Twitter. He suggests that they "switch jobs" so that "people can finally sleep comfortably again."
- New US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson began his first day of the job and called for unity among the staff of his department. Tillerson said he knows the presidential election was hotly contested and that not everyone feels the same way about the outcome. But he added State Department officials cannot let their personal convictions overwhelm their ability to work as one team.
- Action star Liam Neeson will star in an upcoming action thriller Hard Powder
- The Skoda Octavia RS receives a a new 245 variant, featuring a more powerful four-cylinder TSI engine that produces 245PS of power and 370nm of torque, resulting to its 0-100kph time of 6.6 seconds.
|2018 Skoda Octavia RS 245|
- Our favorite figure skater Yuri Katsuki from the breakout sensation of 2016, Yuri!!! on ICE, is now a Nendoroid! You can now order him for just 4,167 Yen plus tax and will be delivered this July.
|Nendoroid Yuri Katsuki|