- PNP Director-General Roland "Bato" Dela Rosa clarified that the reported "Korean Mafia" who is allegedly behind the Jee Ick Joo murder case has yet to be confirmed. Dela Rosa said that they will conduct thorough investigation regarding mentioned group composed of huge crime groups targeting rich Korean nationals in the Philippines.
- Typhoon Bising has slightly intensified while already inside the Philippine Area of Responsibility. PAGASA told the typhoon was last spotted 415km east of Guiuan, Eastern Samar.
- US President Donald Trump is set to meet alliance leaders in Europe in May during a phone call with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg. Trump was elected on a pledge to push NATO members to increase their funding to the western alliance to ease the financial burden on the United States.
- Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull is facing a threat from his ruling party as a prominent member of Australia’s government is set to defect to form his own conservative party. An opinion poll published on Monday showed that support for his coalition had slipped to the lowest since he took power 17 months ago and that his Liberal-National coalition would easily fail if an election was held now.
- Queen Elizabeth celebrates her Sapphire Jubilee on Monday, commemorating 65 years since she took the British throne. A 41-gun royal salute will take place in central London to mark the occasion.
- Scientists warned that the crop-destroying caterpillar known as the armyworm has quickly spread across mainland Africa and could reach tropical Asia and the Mediterranean in the next few years, threatening agricultural trade. The caterpillar destroys young maize plants, attacking their growing points and burrowing into the cobs.
- The new Opel/Vauxhall Insignia Sports Tourer has been unveiled ahead of next month's Geneva Motor Show debut. It will also be sold in Australia as the Holden Commodore Sportwagon next year.
|2018 Opel Insignia Sports Tourer|
- Another teaser trailer for this year's season for Top Gear is out.