- Tensions ensued between Senate President Koko Pimentel and Senator Francis Pangilinan on the issue of the impeachment complaint filed against President Rodrigo Duterte as well as the same complaint against VP Leni Robredo. The Liberal Party immediately quashed over Pimentel's challenge to condemn the impeachment complaint filed against the President to prove that these "yellow-ists" are not part of a destabilization plot against Duterte.
- The Philippine National Police warns the public to be careful due to the threat of terrorism in Metro Manila following an alleged member of the Maute Terrorist Group was caught in Quezon City.
- Three separate rallies were held in front of the Supreme Court following the continuation of the oral arguments on the drug trafficking case filed against Senator Leila de Lima.
- US President Donald Trump has pledged to strengthen ties with Iraq to fight against the Islamic State. Trump met Iraq PM Haider al-Abadi at the White House on Monday for the first time since taking office.
- At least 23 people were killed in a bomb attack in Baghdad, Iraq. The Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack in retaliation for the government forces' offensive to reclaim Mosul.
- In case you may never know, Lamborghini sparked controversy over their Nurburgring record with their brand-new Huracan Performante supercar. The Italian sportscar company is doubling down on the legitimacy of the car's 6:52.01 lap time record in the wake of the controversy.
- Richard Hammond was involved in a motorcycle accident in Mozambique during a shooting for an episode of The Grand Tour.