- The Duterte administration promised to enforce the fact that the Scarborough Shoal and all the other disputed islands in the West Philippine Sea are part of the country's territory. During a press conference in Bangkok, Acting Foreign Affairs Secretary Enrique Manalo assured the public that the government is still committed in a peaceful and diplomatic resolution of the disputed territories.
- CALABARZON tops "Project Double Barrel Reloaded" among the regional police offices nationwide. According to a PNP Operations Center report, a total of 2,802 have been arrested in their Anti-Drug Police Operations, 569 of these were recorded in CALABARZON based in Camp Vicente Lim, Canlubang in Laguna.
- Foreign ministers meet in Washington on Wednesday to agree on the next steps to defeat Islamic State, the first such gathering of the U.S-led military coalition since the election of President Donald Trump in November.
- Meanwhile, the Republican-controlled House of Representatives will vote on President Trump's revised Affordable Health Care Act, now called Trumpcare, on Thursday, Most feared that the new bill will kick 24 million people off of Obamacare, which will send their insurance premiums on a drastic rise.
- Cannabis entrepreneurs expressed hopes in Switzerland where business has suddenly taken off in recent months, six years after the country legalized low-potency “marijuana-light.”
- Former Spice Girl Mel B filed for divorce from her husband after nearly a decade of marriage, citing irreconcilable differences.
- Apple unveiled the newer version of the iPad with a brighter screen and other improvements. It's now available to order from Friday and with a $329 starting price that is the lowest ever for a full-sized tablet from Apple. The smaller iPod SE model will be available in 32 and 128 gigabyte (GB) versions, replacing the 16 GB and 64 GB models.
- With Ruby Kurosawa added, looks like the first-years of the Love Live Sunshine Nendoroid range is complete, leaving now to the third-years. Anyway, it's now available to order starting at 3,241 Yen plus tax and shipping and arrives this September.
|Nendoroid Ruby Kurosawa|