- PNP Chief Director General Ronald Dela Rosa responded to the allegations of Vice President Leni Robredo that the number of drug suspects killed has reached the 7,000 mark, According to Dela Rosa, based on the data of the PNP, there are only 6,000 reported killings in the country since July of 2016; and 20 percent were related to illegal drugs.
- President Rodrigo Duterte cannot do anything if his allies in Congress will go ahead with the impeachment case against VP Robredo. According to Senate president Koko Pimentel, he understands the position of House Speaker Pantaleon Alvarez that he can’t disregard an impeachment complaint if it has basis.
- The Malacanang Palace revealed the results of the Pulse Asia Survey regarding the ongoing war on drugs. Survey shows that 82% of the residents of Metro Manila feels it’s safe to roam the streets due to the government’s campaign.
- As the media labeled the Thai city of Pattaya as “Sin City” and “The World’s Sex Capital”, the junta launched a “Happy Zone” at the weekend to improve the image of a city notorious for sex tourism.
- Eight people are feared dead on Monday after an avalanche hit a group of high school students and teachers climbing in Central Japan. The avalanche occurred on Monday morning near a ski slope in Nasu, 160 km (100 miles) north of Tokyo, where 52 high school students and 11 teachers were climbing, a local government official said.
- The US State of California despises US President Donald Trump's rollback on emission regulations and moves forward with the state's own emission rules.
- Ride-sharing company Uber pauses their self-driving efforts following an autonomous car involved in an accident in Tempe, Arizona.
- Daisuke Sato, the creator of the High School of the Dead manga series passed away at the age of 52.