Friday, April 28, 2017

Forza Horizon 3: Secret Agent Man



This car needs no explanation because this is the Bond car that started it all. Yes, this is the Aston Martin DB5, the Bond car that became a legend ever since it popped up in the Bond movie, Goldfinger, and do you expect me to talk? No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to drive!

If I can remember correctly, the DB5 is powered by a 4.0L six-cylinder engine generating 282 bhp (210 kW) of power and a top speed of 145 mph (233 km/h). It was mated with a ZF five-speed transmission (except for some of the very first DB5s). About 1,023 DB5 units produced, mostly are hardtops.

The DB5 became the hallmark of the partnership between Aston Martin cars and James Bond movies since it first appeared in Goldfinger. Five decades later, it returned in Skyfall, featuring Daniel Craig as James Bond. It's fare to say that it's a great honor to drive the best Bond car 007 had, unless I don't trigger some lunacy that could infuriate Australian Intelligence...and yet, I did.



I did sent the DB5 on the race against movie star cars. From the Charger from The Dukes of Hazzard, the Boss Mustang from Diamonds are Forever, another Bond flick, the Supra from The Fast and the Furious, the AE86 from Initial D, among many other star cars that crave more than just popcorns and sodas. If you want, I had a little clip for that. Ready?



What? Like James Bond, it's "everything or nothing" but still, I had a lot of fun being Bond in the DB5 because when you see an Aston Martin, all you can think about is James Bond, right? It's like another mission, another hot girl, and another ruthless baddie for you if you're driving a Bond car like this, am I right? Everyday's a Bond movie, especially in the Land Down Under. What a day...

No comments: