- President Rodrigo Duterte said that he had ordered the military to reinforce, not militarize, areas in the South China Sea controlled by his government to maintain the geopolitical balance, and assured the People's Republic of China no "offensive weapons" would be placed there. Duterte wanted peace and friendship between the two nations but he wanted to bolster what territory it had in the Spratlys as islands and reefs are grabbed in the contested waters.
- The Court of Appeals has upheld a guilty verdict on US Marine for the murder of a transgender woman nearly three years ago. A lower court had found Lance Corporal Joseph Scott Pemberton guilty for the murder of Jennifer (Jeffrey) Laude in a hotel in Olongapo, outside a former US navy base northwest of the capital, in 2014.
- The Quezon City Police Department goes on high alert for this coming Holy Week.
- Yesterday, in Egypt, over 44 people were killed in the bomb blast on the symbolic Coptic cathedral and another church. The Islamic State militants claimed responsibility for these attacks and this attack is the latest on a religious minority increasingly targeted by Islamist militants, and a challenge to President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, who has pledged to protect them as part of his campaign against extremism.
- Carmen Chacon, the first female defense minister of Spain, passed away at the age of 46.
- Scientists shown that Cyclone Debbie, which left a trail of havoc in northeast Australia and New Zealand, damaged one of the few healthy sections of the Great Barrier Reef.
- Ford will showcase their new Police Responder Hybrid Sedan at this week's New York International Auto Show. Based on the Ford Fusion Hybrid, the industry's first pursuit-rated hybrid police car is part of Ford's ambitious efforts for fuel-efficient cars.
- Infiniti will showcase their QX80 Monograph concept at this week's NYIAS, previewing the next-generation of their full-size SUV.
- What happens when the Jeep Grand Cherokee has been given Hellcat power? A Trackhawk, of course. Debuting at this week's NYIAS, the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk features the same 707HP Supercharged V8 as seen from the Dodge Challenger and Charger Hellcats, making it the most powerful and fastest SUV in the world.