Tuesday, April 11, 2017
Let's Do The News! (April 11, 2017)
- The residents of Mabini, Batangas are still afraid in the aftermath of the Magnitude 6 quake struck the area last weekend. According to the town's Mayor Noel Luistro, most of the residents of Mabini continue to stay outside their homes due to trauma, and fear of another earthquake. He added that they continued to be hit by aftershocks after the strong seismic event.
- Manila Mayor Joseph Ejercito Estrada declared April 12 as a non-working holiday for all employees of the Manila City Hall. However, he warned the public to refrain from posting their travel plans for the Holy Week in their social media accounts, as it increase chances of getting their houses robbed.
- Urban poor group KADAMAY rushed to the Quezon City Hall in order to appeal for the release of their members who are imprisoned in Camp KAringal. Almost a hundred members barricaded and pounded the city hall on April 10. The group asked city mayor Herbert Bautista to release the 41 Kadamay members who are currently detained at the QCPD after their group tried to occupy a private property in Tandang Sora, Quezon City.
- The member nations of the G7 will be joined by Middle East allies on Tuesday in a push to isolate Syrian leader Bashar al-Assad, hours before the US Secretary of State flies to Moscow. G7 foreign ministers hosted by Italy invited their counterparts from Turkey, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Jordan and Qatar to sit down in the morning and discuss Syria.
- A senior Myanmar government official denied there was ethnic cleansing against Rohingya Muslims in the troubled northwestern state of Rakhine, where military operations forced 75,000 people to flee to Bangladesh. Attacks on Myanmar border guard posts in October last year by a Rohingya insurgent group ignited the biggest crisis of country leader Aung San Suu Kyi’s year in power.
- Chevrolet celebrates 65 years of the Corvette with special edition Carbon 65 variant for the Z06 and Grand Sport models. Limited to 650 units globally, the Carbon 65 blends visible carbon-fiber exterior elements with the special Ceramic Matrix Gray exterior color and special interior appointments, including a new carbon-fiber-rimmed steering wheel.
- Overwatch's climatologist, Mei, joins the Nendoroid lineup. Donning her "Classic Skin Edition", This Nendo's available for order and arrives this October.
- In case you missed it; the mythical Pokemon Marshadow's announced. It will make a special appearance in the upcoming Pokemon the Movie 20: I Choose You! as well as the Pokemon Sun and Moon games soon.