- According to the Armed Forces of the Philippines, the Abu Sayyaf Group beheaded another hostage during the Holy Week exodus. The hostage was identified as Noel Besconde, a 45 year old crew member of the fishing boat that the terrorist group ambushed last December 2016 in Celebes Sea.
- President Rodrigo Duterte sponsored the baby of the OFW from Saudi Arabia. The OFW named Jobelyn Tayad is one of the 150 OFWs who went home to the Philippines following Duterte's Middle East visit. The Saudi Government gave amnesty to these undocumented OFWs.
- The Philippine National Police CIDG filed a case against two security aids of drug suspect Jun No who escaped last Saturday while confined at the East Avenue Medical Center.
- In case you missed it, US President Donald Trump blocked the White House visitor list to the public, sparking security concerns.
- The torch relay for the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics will commence this November.