Tuesday, April 18, 2017
Let's Do The News! (April 18, 2017)
- President Rodrigo Duterte's "Build, Build, Build" Team inspects the NLEX Harbor Link Segment 10, an elevated expressway directly connecting the port area of Manila and Northern provinces of Luzon through NLEX.
- 16 people are reportedly injured during the twin blasts at Tacurong last Monday night. Two suspects were arrested by the police after being the last persons to be seen in the area. Authorities also recovered grenades from each of the suspect.
- The top advisers of US President Donald Trump will meet on Tuesday to discuss whether to recommend that he withdraw the United States from the Paris climate accord, a White House official said on Monday. A White House official said Trump’s aides would “discuss the options, with the goal of providing a recommendation to the president about the path forward.”
- Meanwhile, Trump is seeking changes in the visa program to encourage companies to hire only Americans. Two senior officials said Trump will also use the “buy American and hire American” order to seek changes in government procurement practices to increase the purchase of American products in federal contracts.
- Following the UAL passenger incident last week, an Illinois lawmaker introduced a bill to ban the forcible removal of travelers from flights by state or local government employees.
- South Korea will downgrade its bird flue alert level by one notch from the highest level starting this Wednesday as no new cases have been reported for about two weeks.
- Acting Brazilian president, Michel Temer, said that some of his ministers undergoing investigation are likely to resign following the corruption scandal.
- As announced at last week's Star Wars Celebration, the upcoming fourth season of Disney XD's hit TV series, Star Wars Rebels, will be its last season. Also, Warwick Davis will guest star in the upcoming season for the show.
- A studio executive confirms whether a footage of the late Star Wars legend Carrie Fisher will be featured in the ninth and final installment of the Star Wars ennealogy, due in 2019.
- The Jaguar F-Pace is named 2017 World Car of the Year.
- McLaren-Honda's Fernando Alonso will not be racing at the Monaco GP and instead, join Andretti Autosport for the upcoming 2017 Indy500 race.