- The opposition are against the proposal to postpone the barangay elections this October. According to Ifugao Representative Teddy Baguilat, the statements of President Rodrigo Duterte is not enough to postpone the elections.
- A lit candle allegedly caused a fire in Leroy street, Pacao, Manila, that burned houses of about 20 families. According to Senior Inspector Erik Sabiano of the Manila Fire Bureau, the fire originated from the house of a certain Carla Tejedor.
- Indonesia aims to finish up preparations for the 2018 Asian Games within this year, according to VP Jusuf Kalla said, shrugging off concerns over a corruption probe and construction delays.
- The Japanese government said that it was sending its ambassador back to South Korea almost three months after recalling him over a statue commemorating Korean women forced to work in Japanese military brothels during World War Two. Two years ago, the two countries agreed that the issue of “comfort women”, would be “finally and irreversibly resolved” were met.
- Study shows that babies cry more in Britain, Canada, Italy and Netherlands than in other countries, while newborns in Denmark, Germany and Japan cry and fuss the least.
- The new Mega Man (Rockman) cartoon series has pushed its airing to next year or later on Cartoon Network.
- Started since April Fool's Day and ends on the end of June, THE IDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls is holding a Twitter reply campaign in collaboration with Snickers.