- The Bayan Group strongly condemns the mass arrest of over 30 members of Kadamay in Tandang Sora, Quezon City, last Monday night. Secretary-General of the group, Renato Reyes, said the arrest of families, including 16 minors and eight senior citizens was overbearing. He added that the arrested individuals only returned to their previous homes, a year after a demolition.
- A Palace official confirmed that President Rodrigo Duterte fired Department of Interior and Local Government Secretary Mike Sueño due to "Trust and Confidence" issue. The official added that the recent ouster serves as warning to other Cabinet members and government officials.
- The Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas will name their new chief next month to replace Governor Amado Tetangco, Jr.
- US President Donald Trump donates his first-quarter salary to the National Park Service.
- Meanwhile, Senate Democrats secured enough votes to block the nomination of Judge Neil Gorsuch to the US Supreme Court, setting the stage for a "nuclear option".
- A blast in a St. Petersburg train carriage that killed 11 people and injured 45 was the work of a suspected suicide bomber with Islamist ties, according to reports. Russian President Vladimir Putin, who was in the city when the blast struck, visited the scene of the explosion late on Monday night and laid a bunch of red flowers at a makeshift shrine to the victims.
- Infiniti teases the QX80 Concept for this month's New York Auto Show, previewing the next generation of Infiniti's flagship full-size SUV.
- Actor and Chief Operating Officer of TPB, Cesar Montano, asserts his responsibility as father to Diego Loyzaga despite gaffes from his son. Last February, Diego draw flak against his father by ranting him via Instagram. Diego is Cesar's son to actress Teresa Loyzaga.
- Actor Marc Abaya says he's unfazed over the rape scene with Janine Gutierrez in an episode of GMA's TV drama series, Legally Blind.