Friday, December 31, 2010

My Lords of Shadow First Impressions


When I got this game as a gift since Christmas Day, what can I say about Hideo Kojima's latest creation of 2010 since Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, debuted since April 2010?

For me, the gameplay is superb because of the deadly combos a player must pull in order to take out a battalion of immortal enemies, even vampires and werewolves.

It takes determination to master the game, but this game is more of a challenge. I first played that game and I finished it in two days.

Every time I defeated an enemy, I gained tons of experience points to purchase new combos that can be proven useful. I can also buy artwork based on the game, from concept art, sketches, and storyboards.

When the first time I encountered a puzzle, I have to find the scroll for this puzzle. Surely, if you solve it on your own without the help of a hint scroll, you'll gain tons of experience, but sorry for me because I solved most of the puzzles with help, and rarely without help.

I also proven that if you want to heal during a battle, Light magic should help, but if you want increased power on your attacks, Shadow magic can help. Trust me, these magics are proven useful, especially the boss battles.

Thank you Kojima Productions for this latest creation and good luck on your upcoming projects! Speaking of which, for Japanese-speaking otakus who owned this game felt very amusing because most of the voiceovers from the Metal Gear series, including Keiji Fujiwara (Drebin from MGS4) as Gabriel, Kikuko Inoue (Rosemary from MGS2 and MGS4) as Marie, Mugihito (Hot Coldman from MGSPW) as Zobek, and others that made it an all-star cast!

No comments: