Sunday, February 13, 2011

Escudo Pikes Peak Version is a rare find at the GT5 Used Car dealership!

Escudo Dirt Trial Car in Monza


Back when I was kid, and playing Gran Turismo 2 on my PSX, I tried to win more and more races just so I can get this one-of-a-kind rally car from Suzuki, the Escudo Pikes Peak Version. Every GT fanatics love the Escudo Pikes Peak Version because of the over-the-1000HP power output.

At Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec on PS2, the Escudo Pikes Peak Version is dethroned by the Formula Gran Turismo race car and the reason is because of the Formula GT's lightweight capability, making it a more agile, faster race car that can achieve better lap times that the Escudo Pikes Peak Version can't. The Formula GT can be used only on tarmac while the Escudo is made not just on tarmac, but on dirt because this is a rally car we all loved.

Trying to keep up with its reputation...

On Gran Turismo 4, the Escudo Pikes Peak Version, now renamed as Dirt Trial Car, can be obtained as a prize car. Well, I forgot what race what that but anyway, you know what it is. And now, in Gran Turismo 5, the former King of Gran Turismo cars is here to stay at the used car dealership and it's not easy buying that car because I think the pricing goes to a 1.4 million credit mark and the required A-Spec Level is 23.

...even for the former King of Gran Turismo cars

I felt like I may be not in a mood of driving the former King of Gran Turismo cars (since it was dethroned by the Formula GT and now, the Red Bull X1 Prototype) but since I want to collect more, I have the urge to buy the Escudo Dirt Trial Car.

(Laughs) Just like old times, Escudo. I thought I never forget you. At least the probability to find the Escudo Dirt Trial Car on the Used Car dealership is somewhat 5%, so check back every time until you find this former King.

Despite reputation, the Escudo's still a GT King for me...

If I am unhappy, I could just gift it to an online buddy who didn't have one...

No comments: