Thursday, January 26, 2012

Honda Green Machine 003 in FM4

ECON Mode or Sport Mode? You guess...


As I'm sure you know, this is the Honda CR-Z, the world's first hybrid sports car created by Honda. When it came out in Japan since February 2010, this car changed the way hybrids meant to be. Unlike the dreary Toyota Prius, the CR-Z is more fun. Infusing the agility of a sportscar and the fuel economy of a hybrid, the CR-Z is proven to be the best of both worlds, or is it? When owners set it to ECON mode, the CR-Z is made to be fuel efficient and when they set it into Sport Mode, the CR-Z's handling response gets even more sharper, more than enough to make a bit more...uncomfortable. If I was driving the CR-Z on the mountain paths, I would had a slightly bad back.

Spoon CR-Z rattles through Suzuka

This car was a Pre-Order bonus for those who've pre-ordered Forza Motorsport 4 at Target. Again, I didn't pre-order there because I pre-ordered mine in GameStop. In fact, I was going to say that I don't need it because I am utterly familiar with the CR-Z from a rival video game but because there are rarely a few FM4 players decorating their CR-Z into something cool, something that replicates the Spoon CR-Z, Mugen CR-Z Concept, or even the CR-Z racecar from the 2011 Legend Cup, I am wasted with a blown opportunity. Not so because when they made the Launch Bonus DLC available worldwide, I had the chance to drive the world's first hybrid sports car in Forza Motorsport 4. It was great and there are Mugen parts available to give the CR-Z a complete makeover.

The annoying Stig in his annoying
orange-colored Honda CR-Z Mugen Concept!!

As some that found out when the Launch Bonus DLC made available to the public, the CR-Z wasn't on the same planet as the Toyota Prius. Even when they're both hybrids, they're highly different in any way. The Prius was a bit more rubbish while the CR-Z is more ambitious. I would gladly go bonkers when I drive the CR-Z because this is what happens when the engineers from Honda decided to give a modern twist to the classic CR-X. I thought the CR-Z would be a modern-day version of the fire-breathing Honda CR-X but it isn't. In fact, I'm back to where I'm started. If you want a better Honda hatchback, buy a standard FN2 Civic Type R Euro.

No comments: