Sunday, October 14, 2012

Let's Do The News! (October 14, 2012)

2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Convertible

2013 Ford Shelby GT500 Convertible

(cheers and applause)

What do you mean they both lose?

THEY REALLY BOTH LOSE. The hardtop versions of the ZL1 and GT500 are like puto (some kind of steamed rice cake in Philippine cuisine). If you make sawsawan to some dinuguan (pork and blood stew), you're going to ruin it. If you make sawsawan to a cup of coffee, you're going to make it better.

You really quite serious though?

It makes sense!

So, it was like that according to Top Gear, if you take a roof off a normal car like Peugeot or a BMW 1-Series, no harm done. They look dramatic. But with serious performance cars, that's a different story...

Yeah, for those convertible muscle cars, they were going to taste worse than dinuguan...

(audience laughing)

Okay, the news and word from Porsche is that they've launched a brand new variant of the Cayenne SUV called the Turbo S...

2013 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S

...it's known to be the fastest, most outlandish Cayenne ever built. It has the same engine from the standard Turbo but now, it has a 50HP increase, meaning it can go 0-100kph in 4 1/2 seconds and has a top speed of 283 km/h.


(sigh) I really don't like the Cayenne...too ugly...looks like a larva of the fly...

(audience laughing)

I disagree...Sure, Porsches maybe looking ugly with very complicating interiors but they are exciting to drive and with this Turbo S, I believe that this is the only SUV that focuses on speed. I want this one!

No way man. I'm not betting on those...

(audience laughing)

Well fine. But this Cayenne's on me.

Go for it, Porsche boy...

(audience laughing, then cheers and applause)

Now, as some may recall last month that Koenigsegg made a special one-off Agera R for a Chinese client, it's called the BLT, here it is, look...

Koenigsegg Agera R BLT

...no. It's not that BLT sandwich, it has a different meaning in China. BLT represents the pinnacle of the Koenigsegg customization program and truly show how bespoke a Koenigsegg can become.


Looks nice though, how was it?

In China, he's fine but moments later...the cops banged him...

(audience laughing)

What?!

The Chinese cops impounded the one-off Agera R BLT because he allegedly didn't declare the vehicle and failed to pay income tax.

So, this customized Agera R was...

Smuggled. His one-off Agera R BLT was a smuggled one...

Agera R BLT impounded by Chinese Customs

Scoop: http://www.gtspirit.com/2012/10/13/koenigsegg-agera-r-blt-seized-by-chinese-customs/

Why that happened?

Tell you what. For tax evasion, his Agera R BLT made a stopover at Vietnam and then heading to China. Some articles said that but I felt pity for that wealthy Chinese man responsible for the Agera R BLT.

Well, lesson learned that if you have enough money for your one-off supercar, be sure to have enough money for the income tax.

(audience laughing)

Hey now, those who are returning or new visitors to the Doctor Who Experience (opened since Summer 2012) at Porth Teigr, Cardiff, Wales, we just heard that there's some new stuff exhibited at the DWE.

Really?

Yeah! Rather than the life size Dalek made from Character Building Blocks, or even Matt Smith and Steven Moffat's handprints, there's some new stuff exhibited at the Doctor Who Experience and those came from the first half of Doctor Who Series 7.

Like what?

Let's see...Oswin Oswald's costume from Asylum of the Daleks, a chained Weeping Angel from The Angels Take Manhattan, Solomon's and Queen Nefertiti's costume from Dinosaurs on a Spaceship, oh and those robots from that episode as well.


Oh! Looks like we got Mr. Manners! We are very crossed with you.

(audience laughing)

I wonder what's next? The cubes from The Power of Three? the gravestone of Amy and Rory? Melody Malone book? Shakri's costume? The Gunslinger?

There's more props coming at the Doctor Who Experience and because of this year's Christmas special and the second half of Series 7 next year, there's more and more props to be exhibited right until the program's 50th anniversary celebration. Don't worry though, like the TARDIS, this exhibition is bigger on the inside!

(audience laughing)

Right. As on the topic of DW, they streamed an online exclusive feature about what happened to Rory's dad, Brian. This is the epilogue that was never shot but thanks to these storyboards, we might be able to see. It's called P.S.

Dear Dad, 

This is the difficult bit. If I got this right, you’re reading this letter a week after we left in the TARDIS. The thing is: we’re not coming back. We’re alive and well and stuck in New York, 50 years before I was born. We can’t come home again, I won’t ever see you again and that breaks my heart.

I’m so sorry, Dad. I thought about this for years and I realised there was one thing that I could do, I could write you, tell you everything about how we lived, about how, despite it all, we were happy. But before I do, I need you to know…

you are the best dad any son could have had.

And for all the times I drove you mad and you drove me mad, all the times I snapped at you… I’m sorry. I miss everything about you, especially our awkward hugs.

I bought a trough, we have a small yard, a garden. But one more important bit of business, the man who delivered the letter, Anthony. Be nice to him…

because he’s your grandson.

We finally adopted in 1946: Anthony Brian Williams. He can tell you everything, he’ll have the family albums and I realise having a grandson who’s older than you is so far beyond weird.

But I’m sorry. I love you, Dad. I miss you.
 


Wow. That really made me cry!

Uh-huh! That really made me cry and on that perfectly harmonious bombshell, that's the news and oh, massive congratulations to the Filipino Flash Nonito Donaire for winning the fight against Toshiaki Nishioka!

(cheers and applause)

No comments: