Saturday, January 12, 2013

GT5 C7 Corvette Testing...at Laguna Seca

Pretty soon, this will be the trending topic...

With the countdown before the big reveal draws near, it seems I'm very busy flexing my muscles on the C7 Corvette prototype and with the final days before the big reveal, a GT5 player's work is never done to put all of my blood, sweat, and tears into this next generation Corvette.

My journey lands on Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, located in Monterey, California. Some people say that this is the benchmark from a famed motoring magazine in North America, figuring out the best handling car and the best driver's car in America and this is how I'll be tackling on to see if I'm sending this message on that motoring magazine with some trending topic to feed on.

They said that the soon-to-be-extinct Corvette C6 ZR1, in its 2013 model year, has a lap time of 1:33.7, so what am I going to do here is to beat that, without killing myself. As soon as I crossed the starting line and when the clock starts, the action begins and thanks to sports hard tyres, it's an added challenge for me. In my first lap, I managed to do a 1:42.080, but as I progressed and with numerous tortures at the corkscrew, it seems that my hopes of nailing the lap time set by the 2013 C6 ZR1 has been wiped out and it seems that I have already pushed the next Corvette's LT1 engine a little too far but that's okay though. Even though it may not be as powerful as the flagship model of the previous model, it still shows its wild side. Not quite quick but how much fun is that? This is not made to kill me, this is made to made me laugh! He he he....

With too many twists around Laguna Seca, maybe I wasn't brave enough to master the most advanced Corvette ever but relax, this is just practice for me, so no harm done. I still believe that this C7 Corvette will always be a track-munching, road-burning dynamite and it takes a man with an iron fist to master the new generation Corvette.

By the way, I done it in a 1:39.981 lap time but never mind. This is the best I can do here and surely, it's not going to be a trending topic to the motoring press. Only time will tell when will it set a time in Laguna Seca but in the meantime, it's Journey's End for me testing the C7 Corvette Prototype.

No comments: