Thursday, March 21, 2013

Forza Motorsport 4: Evo vs. STi

The battle between two sides

Over the years, Subaru and Mitsubishi had been locked in combat for decades just so they can outperform, outhandle, and outwit each other with their road going rally cars and everytime they launched different versions, they try outdo each other with a quantity of letters and numbers after the car's names. You've been given a choice; for one lap at the Nurburgring, you want the super-sharp Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution but for the journey home, you want a more comfortable Subaru Impreza WRX STi.

Here at Forza Motorsport 4, I'll be only comparing the STi's and the Evo's offered on this game and luckily, it will be somewhat a duel between Evos and STi's.

First up the 22B vs. the Evo VI




Subaru Impreza 22B - 1:28.290
Mitsubishi Evo VI - 1:29.321


Next: WRX STi GDB-Type II vs. Evo VIII MR




Subaru WRX STi GDB-Type II - 1:27.591
Mitsubishi Evo VIII MR - 1:27.818


NEXT: WRX STi GDB-F vs. Evo IX MR




Subaru WRX STi GDB-F - 1:26.718
Mitsubishi Evo IX MR - 1:27.556

AND FINALLY: WRX STi GRB vs. Evo X





Subaru WRX STi GRB - 1:26.986
Mitsubishi Evo X - 1:26.346

VERDICT: Hmmm...It appears my Stigness can only handle Scoobies because back when I was high school, I was very fond of the STi's regime. I once drove a GDB-F WRX STi since WMMT3 (or maybe the Fast and Furious PS2 game?) and I have to say that this is the kind of car I literally fell in love with. No matter how many times I've been bashed by adolescents in their Mitsubishi Evos, I'm on the urge of getting to know each other but then, with current generations revealed in Tokyo since 2007, it seems my love for Impreza STi's had been evolved and I swore myself that I will never ever get alienated by the aggressive raw power of the Mitsubishi Evo X...but I did. Sure, the Impreza STi GRB really won my heart but it's the Evo X's sheerness and agility really made it jealous. And that's how the age-old question's in boiling point as Evo fans and STi fans starting to melt down over debates.

Hey, since Subaru and Mitsubishi are out in the world of motorsports, and soon these two will be consigned at the history books, I think that this fight ends with an armistice, not a peace treaty.

No comments: