Sunday, February 16, 2014

Forza 5: The Toyobaru Coupes

Well, I maybe a bit three months late for that but hey, better late than never to have myself an XBOX One and a game of Forza Motorsport 5 so how can I start this? Oh yeah!

YES! Top racers everywhere are wetting their pants down to excitement as Forza Motorsport 5, exclusively on XBOX One, is now in commission and here I am, investigating stuff like...REALLY LOUD STUFF! REALLY FAST STUFF! REALLY SLOW STUFF...ASIAN STUFF...AMERICAN STUFF...EUROPEAN STUFF...AND REALLY PAINFUL STUFF!!!



Let's begin with those Toyobaru coupes in question; the Toyota GT86 and the Subaru BRZ. Since their debut at the 2011 Tokyo Motor Show and sales in Japan started in the spring of 2012, these two RWD sports coupes shared one thing they had in mind; to bring a smile on any boy racer's face.

Some myths pointed out that even though they looked the same, the mechanicals are meant to be the same, like Galileo's theory of falling bodies where objects, regardless of size and weight, will fall at the same pace. Sure, they both have the same FA20 boxer engine but the thing is...what's the difference between them? Oh come on, some people pointed out that the suspensions are different between the 86 and the BRZ and to find out, let's head out to my only lab I called the Top Gear Test Track. Let's find out...

First up, the GT86. This is the car Jeremy Clarkson described as one of the best handling cars in ages, probably thanks to those skinny tires that made it a bit less grippy but how does it fare?



So, what about the Subaru BRZ? I'd reckon it could do the same thing...



Both of my drives are complete and I had the result. In the 86, I posted myself a 1:35.580 lap time while in the BRZ, my lap time round the Top Gear Track was 1:33.368? Oh that can't be right...probably because of my iffy driving but if my iffy driving ways were out in the equation, both of these cars would be neck-and-neck but still, there is a main reason why because for the BRZ, they want the suspension to be more matured and more honed for cornering while the 86 wants to be more less grippy and more tail-happy.

Perhaps no wonder both of these cars do participated in different motorsports but nevertheless, I think it's safe to say that both the 86 and the BRZ are a good start to FM5.

No comments: