Friday, March 23, 2018

Detective Pikachu

It's a Pokemon game unlike ever before because they're now taking on mystery solving games in this new adventure featuring a tough-talking, problem-solving, Pikachu. Wait...Talking...Pikachu? Oh, right. Anyway, say hello to Detective Pikachu (名探偵ピカチュウ), a bolt of brilliance.

Detective Pikachu
Ahem, sorry, am I interrupting you? Can I handle this, please? Thank you. Anyway, hey kids! You know who this is right? I may be Pikachu but I'm not. I AM DETECTIVE PIKACHU!

Let me tell you a little story about my adventure, just in case anyone's making a movie about me very soon (yes, really), I team up with a young man who called himself Tim Goodman, who spends the rest of his life searching for his father but there's more to it for Tim in search for his missing father. There are cases of rampaging Pokemon causing havoc around Rhyme City and that's why we're on the case here.

Tim got shocked when I am a Pikachu that can talk but you'll meet lots and lots of characters (and Pokemon) as we keep searching for mysteries, some of them hold possible answers to the cases and because, hey we do live in a mystery solving game, right? Because this is a mystery solving game, you'd better not rush to some conclusions just yet. You need to go around different places in search for clues and puzzles that will help you uncover cases. I know, this is how mystery solving games work, kids.

If you're stuck, don't worry because I had skits featuring me, myself, and I, where some of them are hints in case you are looking for a particular clue. I know that you're itching for clues but come on, pal, at least you spend lots of time getting to know about me. Still, you get the point.

Well, now that you got the whole idea on how my adventure's going to be, it would be the perfect time to flex your heads doing problem solving. No, not the math kind of problem solving, MY KIND OF PROBLEM SOLVING, right? I know it won't be an easy case for you and me but I'm sure we can handle them.

By the way, did you see my amiibo? It's the biggest you'll ever see and it's bigger than your basic Pikachu amiibo you kept in your silly toy box. If you scan me, I had all the possible hints you'll need as well as some cool skits with me. Now, don't do any puns, okay? ONLY I DO THE PUNS.

Thank you. So, there you are. Detective Pikachu can be downright tough-talking but he's quite reliable and in this mystery-solving game, it takes some knowledge to solve puzzles and uncover cases as long as you're not rushing over. Although time-consuming, this heart-warming Pokemon mystery game is fun for all ages and because, well he's right about it, with a film starring Detective Pikachu himself is coming soon, it would be the ideal time to be prepared with the game that is more on jokes, more on mystery, and a few plot twists in between. Better get your thinking caps and chairs ready cause this is going to be a busy day.

No comments: