Thursday, October 11, 2018

Forza Horizon 4: Prince, Princess, and Conquest

There are some cars that you won't find in the Autoshow. It can only be obtained at the #FORZATHON shop where all the points earned from completing challenges during the duration can be exchanged to prizes you won't obtain through normal gameplay. One such example is this car, the Ferrari 812 Superfast.



It's a great thing I finally managed to snag this elusive Prancing Horse with only a few hours left in the autumn season event to spare in-game. I once thought that this car couldn't make it in the Forza Horizon 4 car roster but as it turns it, it DOES exist...as a #FORZATHON prize car, and if I want one in my collection, I have to achieve numerous tasks, earn points, and claim it. It's like winning arcade tickets to claim a big prize, am I right?

Anyway, for those who want to know about this Ferrari, this is the most powerful road-going V12 Ferrari ever made with 800PS churned out from its brand new 6.5L V12 naturally aspirated engine and with the F1-style double-clutch gearbox, it does 0-100kph in less than three seconds and a top speed of 340kph. It was the first Ferrari to come with Electric Power Steering and to my tastes, cars equipped with Electric Power Steering always result in catastrophic understeer even if you corner it hard but this feels a bit different and it still behaves like a Ferrari.

It's like they said when the opposition injects more power to outrun the Prancing Horse, Ferrari will keep fighting back and this 812 served as their counterattack on the likes of Lamborghini by outdoing their Aventador to the point that it can outpower its predecessor, the F12berlinetta, especially the limited-edition F12tdf. I love Maranello's method of madness when it comes to retaliating and this 812 is the result of what Ferrari does best, no matter how good or bad this car gets.

So, now that I bagged the FORZATHON prize car of the week, let's see if the 812 demonstrates just how Ferrari this Ferrari is and speaking of which...





What? A true princess wears her conquests, right? Trophy, I presume? Never mind but still, it reflects the 812's personality rather well and with the 812 all set, the Prancing Horse prepares to take on all comers on the streets of Bainbridge at the dead of the night. Now, show me what you can do, ma'am.



This beast ain't beast unless it was named..er...Anna Akagi. (laughing with tears of joy)



With the 812 now my trophy and my conquest, I wonder what new cars will be rolling out at the FORZATHON shop for a week? Keep playing and find out.

No comments: