Thursday, November 15, 2018

Forza Horizon 4: Ctrl+N

Hyundai's Veloster N is the result of what happens when a normal second-generation Veloster got lost in the middle of N's castle, then captured for experiments, and then mutated into the hot hatch you're seeing it now. Sounds scary but is it as spicy as a 2X Spicy Hot Noddles you bought from the Asian store?



Being the first Hyundai N car sold in South Korea, the Veloster N inspires most of Hyundai's involvement in motorsports such as the World Rally Championship and the World Touring Car Cup. "Born in Namyang. Honed at Nurburgring", that's what the N stands for and this high-performance variant of the second-generation Veloster features specially made suspension geometry and tuning, not to mention the N Power Sense Axle, track-focused N mode on the suspension setup, N Corner-Carving Limited-slip Differential, and N Grin Control System drive mode selection system. The 2.0L 4-cylinder turbocharged engine produces up to 275PS of power output and mated exclusively with a close-ratio, short-throw six-speed manual transmission with downshift rev-matching capability.



I once said before that in the real world, the Veloster N may not be the best hot hatch in town but with its untapped potential, it's carved a whole new beginning, something that the original Veloster failed to impress from the very start. Whatever, but since this is Forza Horizon 4, there's so much for the Veloster N to pull off rather than watching someone eating a dozen bowls of 2X spicy hot noodles at the flat. In fact, I need a scenery to inspire. A scenery above 6cm...





What? This is the scenery above 6cm I can only think of. Can't a would-be king take a break from playing checkers to bring you this design that I made? Well, never mind about what I said but I hope you like the design I made for the Veloster N. I feel like I just left the N Club to pursue my own goals but anyway...



Since Hyundai was involved in the world of rallying, could the N in the Veloster N really translates to rally-inspired performance despite being a front-wheel drive hot hatch? It's gonna take more than the scenery above 6cm to figure this out and with that, let's roll the film.



On a normal corner, the Veloster N wasn't a bad car but when the turns get sharp, that's where its weakness comes into play as I can find myself struggling to get the Veloster N through a tight bend like getting wrestled by a bulldog. Although being arm-wrestled by someone goes M to the I and O, the Veloster N wasn't a hot hatch to entertain me. In fact, I'm starting to fall in love with this wonky ballistic missile that came from the abyss of Namyang. Hyundai's R&D crew knew that for a motorsport-inspired hot hatch, the Veloster N balances the things that are right and wrong and whether you love it or hate it, the N pushes the Veloster to the scenery above 6cm and that's the song I'm referring to.



If you excuse me, I got a mountain to climb. Say it with me! Aikatsu! Aikatsu! Aikatsu! What, what am I saying just now?

No comments: